Wednesday, November 5, 2008

What Stirs You The Most???


I was just wondering last night that why do books, all shapes, sizes and colours, have so much impact on us. Is it the man or woman, who has written the book, standing on the other end, calling out to us with their mostly life-altering experiences? Or is it the language, smooth-sailing and puzzling at the same time, which forces us to pick up a book and not to put it down till we have drenched it of all it has to offer? Well, I cant be thinking of it alone, ain't it?

So, I am going to pose this question to you guys, out there -

Pick up one book and get back to me with the name and the reason why you think it is life-altering for you.

For me, it keeps changing every few years since I am quite a voracious reader and my taste in books also keeps changing. For now, it is The Golden Age, written by debutante Tahmima Anam and it describes beautifully Bangladesh's freedom struggle through a single family of a mother and two children, a son and a daughter. (I have posted a picture of the book for the visitors' benefit)

Bangladesh, as we in the subcontinent already know and many other might not be aware of, was earlier called East Pakistan and after a short but brutally blood-stained freedom struggle, aided by Indian Army, it gained freedom from Pakistan and declared itself a free nation.


So, hoping to listen from you soon,, till then, good bye and happy reading.


P.S. I am reading My Country, My Life these days, written by senior politician L K Advani.

2 comments:

patrice karst said...

Hi There,

My name is Patrice and I just came across your blog-- It is beautiful and so are you.

Patrice

http://patricekarst.blogspot.com

yamini said...

Hi Patrice,
Thanx for the compliment.
Please keep visiting.